Winter is here
Now that winter is very much with us, please take note of the following important information that will help us all as we serve those who are cold this winter ...
- Please only donate clothing and items that will be practical and useful for this cold weather. For example, sandals and light summers dresses cannot be distributed at this time of year. If you have done a clear-out at the end of summer, we respectfully ask that you store your very summery items until spring when we will again be able to distribute them.
- Please ensure that all shoes are good quality or well mended and not likely to let water in, during our wet weather
- If you would like to purchase blankets for distribution during the coldest months and times of flooding, please consider rather buying one good quality blanket than several of the poorer quality blankets. We do find that the grey and white blankets often shed quite badly and do not last past one winter.
- As always, please ensure that the clothing and other items that you donate are clean, and in an excellent state, ready to distribute. We do find that clothing that is over-stuffed into black bin liners is very difficult to distribute without needing some attention- the better state the clothes you give are in when they get to us, the faster they will be able to be distributed. Please consider using good quality bags, or not over-filling bags, when you deliver your clothing to The Warehouse.
- You may even want to spend some time with your family, sorting clothing into mens, womens, childrens and sizes and then label the bags accordingly- that would make distribution go even more smoothly!
- Remember that you can give your time at The Warehouse. Come during the week and learn from our regular teams of dedicated time-givers how to pack a beautiful gift for someone in need, or a starter kit for a family who has lost everything in a fire. Bring your whole family to our all-age friendly first Saturdays of the month between 9 and 12.